Spring is nearly upon us, meaning we can finally ditch our winter woollies and look forward to basking in the sun! However, whilst spring and summer are welcome times for many of us, they bring misery to nine million Britons every year in the form of hay fever.
With 15-20 per cent of people in the UK suffering from hay fever1 and the start of the pollen season looming, hay fever sufferers will be pleased to hear that Nelsons’ Pollenna provides an effective, natural, side-effect free solution to this annual nuisance.
Pollenna works by stimulating the body’s own natural healing processes to provide effective relief for the symptoms of hay fever. It is non-drowsy, safe for all the family and can be taken with other medicines.
Tips for reducing the severity of hay fever2
It is very difficult to completely avoid pollen, but you should be able to ease the severity of your hay fever symptoms by taking some sensible precautions. Generally, the pollen count is highest in the early evening, so try to avoid going outside around this time. You can also try the following:
- Keep windows and doors shut in the house. If it gets too warm, try drawing the curtains to keep out the sun and keep the temperature down
- Avoid cutting grass, playing or walking in grassy areas, and camping
- Change your clothes and take a shower after being outdoors to remove the pollen on your body
- Wear wrap-around sunglasses to stop pollen getting in your eyes when you are outdoors
- Keep car windows closed, and consider buying a pollen filter for the air vents in your car
- Keep fresh flowers out of the house, vacuum and damp dust regularly
- Do not smoke and stop other people from smoking in your house. Smoking, and breathing in other people's smoke, irritates the lining of your nose, eyes, throat and airways which can make your symptoms worse
- Keep pets out of the house during the hay fever season. If your pet does come indoors, wash it regularly to remove any pollen from its fur
- Try taking Nelsons Pollenna as soon as your symptoms develop